Panel discussion: The ever-changing regulatory landscape
Tuesday, July 17, 2018 - 09:45 to 10:30
iGB Live! Agenda - Alternative Lottery Forum - Alternative Lottery Forum
Reviewing the current available regulatory frameworks available in the world as alternative to the standard monopolies lottery markets.
- Reviewing the current available regulatory frameworks available in the world as alternative to the standard monopolies lottery markets
- UK and Australia regulatory framework (betting on the lottery outcome) – success or failure? Does the framework allow private operators to compete with the official lotteries? What does the end user get from the new products and is he aware of the differences between real lottery tickets and betting products?
- Germany Frame work for messenger service - success or failure? Can operators survive with such a low margin? What happened in to the German lottery market and operators since introduced?
- The Lotter’s concept of regulatory frame work that allows international sales of lottery tickets (in messenger model) while satisfies the significant contribution to both the end user country and the country in which the ticket was purchased from
- A self-regulating body for the industry to engage with lawmakers and lottery operators. This is often discussed but never been implemented
- Importance of having open dialogue and good relationship with regulators from the start
- Open, transparent and honest relationships are key especially with the regulator.
- You must build these from the start, educate them and keep up the relationship
- More regulation to be familiar with bet on the lottery model
- Can lotto betting and the traditional lottery market co-exist in a regulated market?
- The advantages of offering real tickets from state lotteries - the tendency of regulation is going towards a stricter differentiation in the communication of secondary lotteries. In the UK and Australia there is a strong mobilization against secondary lotteries. Offering real tickets is often seen as a margin killer. I would like to show success cases where lottery messengers are able to leverage the full power of the well-established and highly trusted brands of state lotteries and still generate good margins.
- What are the risks and issues? Legal concerns and any regulation covering alternative lotteries
- Where do lotteries fit in a newly licensed world?
All presentations in this stream
- 08:00 Registration and refreshments
- 09:00 Introduction
- 09:05 Chairperson’s opening remarks
- 09:15 Innovation, innovation, innovation – sexing up the Lottery business
- 10:30 How to embrace governments instead of fighting against them: Tips and tricks to be successful
- 11:00 Coffee and refreshment break
- 11:30 Disruptive lottery industry
- 12:00 Interactive session: The future of affiliates networks and individual affiliates in the regulated environment
- 13:00 Lunch break
- 14:00 Risk Management for Alternative Lotteries
- 14:30 Alternative lotteries case study: What has worked, what hasn’t, what do consumers think?
- 15:00 Coffee and refreshment break
- 15:30 The opportunities that Emerging Markets present to operators, key considerations and why offshore remote gambling jurisdictions can provide a stable, secure and cost-effective home for operators targeting these markets
- 16:00 Best practice sharing: Data driven marketing
- 16:30 How can traditional lotteries be modernised, on an online basis, to attract new players?
- 17:00 Block chain lotteries
- 17:30 Closing remarks and end of conference