iGB Live! Start-up LaunchPad sponsored by innovation21
The annual start-up competition, organised since 2009 at EiG, is now moving to iGB Live! to embrace new thinking and innovation and provide an even more industry-wide platform to debut new companies in the igaming sector. The submission deadline is 12 June 2018 so make sure you apply now!
The iGB Live! 2018 Start-up LaunchPad is sponsored by innovation21.
Following the LaunchPad tradition established at EiG in 2009, up to five start-ups will be selected and given an opportunity to pitch in front of the event’s audience. Finalists will be contacted at the end of June and receive coaching in preparation of their pitch at the show.
With iGB Live! encompassing all key parts of the igaming industry ecosystem, including operators, suppliers and affiliate, this is your best chance to get your feet off the ground by announcing your company, presenting your product and finding potential investors or strategic partners.
The submission process for iGB Live! is now open. Please check the rules, deadlines and criteria below before applying.
Apply before the deadline: 12 June 2018
Five selected finalists will receive, apart from the exposure in front of the industry’s decision-makers and investors at the igaming sector’s largest event, and two complimentary delegate passes to iGB Live! 2018. The winner of the iGB Live! Start-Up LaunchPad 2018 will receive a free exhibition stand.
For starters, it's ok to break the rules. That's what entrepreneurship is about. Just so long as you don't break more than two of them.
- More than just a concept. We are looking for companies that are beyond just the ‘concept phase’. There must be a demonstrable product and we will heavily favor those able to bring a technical as well as commercial team member to show the company is built on solid technology.
- ‘Early Stage’ only. This is a LaunchPad… and as such we are looking for early stage companies. Ideally, we are looking at those at prototype stage or who’ve launched in the last few months, and so haven’t gained significant media/investment attention and also are not at the idea concept! Publicly traded or large, well-known private companies are not eligible (this rule cannot be broken!).
- Ready to deploy capital. It is preferable but not required that the company or project must not have raised a large amount of money from institutional investors (small amounts from friends, family and mentors are ok, but the key word is 'small'). Also, this is not a forum for established companies seeking later stage capital or strategic exits (this rule cannot be broken!).
- A company not a product. This is a stage for new companies and entrepreneurs to gain attention and investment; it is not for established companies to launch new products or even divisions (this rule cannot be broken!).
- Totally committed. The fewer existing commitments you have, and the more you can do to prove you are determined to execute the better.
- Solid core team. Your team should ideally consist of at least 2 people (ideally 2-10 people but no limit on the maximum number).
- Scalable Solution. We are looking for entrepreneurs with a unique perspective that are looking to take a scalable business solution to the next level.
- English Speaking. While we are looking for solutions and businesses that span the globe, iGB Live! is an English speaking conference, hence English proficiency is required.
The submission process
- Please download, complete and submit the application form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You submission will be kept confidential and shared only with the LaunchPad judging panel.
- Companies might then be contacted by Ewa Bakun for a telephone chat to explore their submission a little more, ensure you fit (most of) the rules highlighted above and get to know you a little more.
- A shortlist of 6-4 companies will be selected. Finalists will be contacted by early June 2018 and notified they are successful, and those who don’t make the cut will be notified then too.
- There will be 2 free passes allocated to the finalist companies, so they can make a solid pitch. If you wish to bring additional team members a discount can be negotiated off the entry price.
The prize for winning the iGB Live! LaunchPad is, apart from recognition and exposure, a small exhibition space at iGB Live 2019.
Best of luck to all! And we look forward to working with and helping achieve your dreams!